Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Results Are In!


Yes folks, it's official... I won the 2010 Goshen Country Fair Hershey's Cocoa Baking Contest and will be heading to Harrisburg to enter the same cake (not actual cake, but the recipe I used) in the statewide contest against about 50 other tough competitors! First Prize in Harrisburg gets a check for $500... if Sarah Palin can pay for college by winning beauty contests, maybe I can earn money for school by winning baking contests...



I could have entered both the Youth Division (Cookies/Bars contest) and the Adult Contest, but the recipe I wanted to use for the chocolate bars wouldn't have worked with the rules... bummer.

Anyway... I am happy and excited... and rolling up my sleeves for the showdown in Harrisburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment